Collection of Personal Information
Crest may collect personal information from you, including your name, postal and/or email address, telephone number, Social Security number, financial information, driver’s license number, and date of birth (“Personal Information”). Crest may receive Personal Information about you when you request a quote, interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, or through any or all of the following channels:
- Through applications or other forms received by us;
- Insurance transactions you conduct with us or our affiliates;
- Claims information you provide in the event of a claim; and
- Consumer reporting agencies.
Crest may also collect Personal Information about you through your use of the Site. This information could include the type of device you are using, your IP address, the pages you visit while navigating the Site, and how long you visit certain pages. This information is collected for a variety of purposes, including enhancing or improving the Site or the services we offer to you.
Use of Personal Information
Crest may use the Personal Information collected about you for a variety of purposes such as to:
- Underwrite, sell, solicit, and negotiate insurance products and services.
- Contact you regarding your account, your orders, upcoming and/or failed payments, renewals and endorsements, or for any other important reason.
- Provide you with a requested quote or offer goods and services of a third party vendor.
- Determine eligibility and process applications for products and services.
- Inform you with products and services we may offer.
- Communicate, service, and bill accounts or clients.
- Obtain and update insurance or credit information with appropriate third parties, such as credit reporting agencies.
- Monitor and administer accounts and the services thereto.
- Fulfill contractual obligations.
- Comply with or satisfy a legal or regulatory requirement.
- Fulfill any additional commercial purposes, with your consent as required by law.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information for permitted purposes, including with another insurance company if you are involved in an accident with their insured, with our reinsurers, with insurance-support organizations that detect and prevent fraud, with medical professionals or institutions in order to verify coverage or conduct operations or services audits, with state insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities if required by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities, and/or if ordered by a subpoena, search warrant or other court order.
We use “cookies” on this Site. A “cookie” is a piece of information stored on a Site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our Site and identify repeat visitors. Cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our Site. It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our Site. You can find more information about cookies and how they work at AllAboutCookies.org.
We employ commercially reasonable security methods and technologies to help secure the Personal Information we collect and store, and to protect this information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We cannot, however, fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Information.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We may offer links to Sites that are not operated by us. If you visit one of these linked Sites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of others.